Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The best waste

... is that which is not produced! I've been meaning to blog about this for while and so, as it's European Waste Reduction Week, thought this was a fitting moment. I loved Sew, Mama, Sew's October Scrap Busters features as I hate to throw fabric away and am always looking for new tips. Here's a little history of how the small, smaller and smallest remnants of furoshiki fabrics are put to good use.

small - patchwork pocket furoshiki and rosettes
smaller - overlocking offcuts plaited into ribbons
smallest - fluffy fabric pompoms
(I was trying to do a neat little presentation of interlinked photos using powerpoint and converting it into a picture file but ended up with something that would have required a microscope to see! So I'm afraid it's the standard inserted photos again :) Mich)

No comments:

Post a Comment